Wednesday, August 7, 2013

What the Woman May Have Prayed - St.Gregory of Narek


What the Woman May Have Prayed
                                         - St.Gregory of Narek

And now, our only provider and
cause of all good things,
listen with compassion, Lord,
to the supplications I call to you,
with my arms lifted up in prayer,
bolstered from within,
with the sighs of my heart,
with the cries of my tongue and lips.
Expressing thanks through these offerings,
I offer up my gratitude to you,
almighty. awesome, exalted, incomprehensible,
for ever embraced in unending love,
constantly praised with the chant,
Holy Holy, only and always Holy,
blessed for ever.
Out of your great goodness,
grant me yet more help,
for I am completely lost.
Give me hope of sweetness,
though I am not worthy of the least  drop of your light,
so that I might understand through you, good Lord,
the subtle secret of this mystery,
and mix thanks with my prayer,
saying with David,
"We have received your mercy,Lord"
and "your hidden and invisible secrets,
you have revealed through your wisdom."



No comments: