Monday, June 27, 2011

F1 Nature Run 21KM Trail Challenge


After Sundown marathon, Nature Run 2011 was my first run.I have not practiced much,ran only 3 or 4 times after marathon!So i knew that i have to be very careful with my body specially my legs. For the first time i took fuel belt with couple of Power gels and a analgesic cream.

The race was held at MacRitchie reservoir, i should say that this route was one of the best i have ran in Singapore so far, better than ECP.Wow!! What a greenery ! The race was flagged off exactly at 7:30AM.I started briskly, i felt better.After around 600 meters we reached the MacRitchie trail .The real trail begun!

MacRitchie -Scenic Route
The route was peppered with stones,pebbles,wet leaves,sticks,wet sands and in couple of places sticky mud.I liked the whole view as i progressed.Till 8 KMs i was running in a consistent pace but after that there was a vertical muddy slope, i walked and crossed over.I did not stop anywhere till 17KMs , i was back to my normal pace.The official drink was Pokka sports water, i drank it at the water stations.

I felt pain in my right knee when i crossed 17km mark,luckily as i mentioned before i had a heat rub with me , i rubbed it , felt better and i crossed the finish line without any other physical problem.It was a good run.For most part of the race i ran in a consistent pace.Below are the finisher medal

Then came the surprise ,I won a heart rate monitor in a lucky draw which was held after the race.Wow! I never owned a heart rate monitor, now i have one! Have to learn how to use it.
My lucky draw prize-a heart rate monitor

Special thanks to the volunteers , you were awesome!On the whole , a great day to remember.

No comments: