Monday, April 11, 2011

2XU Compression Run 2011

I registered for this race only because of the distance i.e 12KM.Regarding the event host 2XU i knew they have sports wears and other related stuff.The race route was wonderful,started from Marina Promenade then to Kallang(near stadium,Nichole highway,Leisure park) returns back to Marina float,esplanade,NTUC Center,Marina Bay Sands then back to Marina Promenade.
To my surprise so many people came,felt very happy.The weather was very good.The race started exactly at 7AM.I started the race in steady pace,checked my knee and heart beat everything in a good shape.Again as the previous race i did not concentrate on the timing but only on my body.Comfortably crossed first 5KM, i did not feel any pain or any breathing problem.I have to mention here the Pocari Sweat drink, this drink was very refreshing and whenever i drank it i felt  rejuvenated .Another aspect i liked in this race was the location of waterpoints, i felt i had drniks whenever i wanted!I saw some familiar faces like Singapore Blade Runner and some europeans and good to see many women's in this race.

Around 10KM mark,i was both shocked and surprised to see the stairs to climb(this stairs are the one near the Helix bridge).I was running in a consistent pace, i felt very uneasy to climb these stairs, i even heard group guys saying "Oh My God!!" when they saw the stairs.I finished the race without much trouble and i was really happy about that.

No comments: