Thursday, October 16, 2014

Messi - Luca Caioli


Normally I won't read biographies of living/playing sportsmen but I gave myself exception for reading biographies of two great athletes of my generation - Lionel Messi and Usain Bolt. If anyone asks whom do you like more ? My reply will be "Messi".

I came to know Messi only when he received his first Ballon d'or .One my school friend is a big Barcelona fan, I was curious why he supports Barcelona than any English clubs. He replied "you just watch one Barca game, then you will know". I did watch the whole match Barca playing against Real Madrid. Wow! I was amazed by the passing style -tika-taka of that Barcelona team, as if each player was connected to others telepathically .The crown jewel of Barcelona team was Messi.

The author had full access to Messi and his family but I think he did not bring out much from them. The author explains how Messi and his family sacrificed many things to support Messi.  At the young age of 13 Messi left his home town Rosario , Argentina to Barcelona  to join La Masia - Barca's training facilities.The book details the problem Messi faced during his junior years at Barcelona and how he gradually got into the senior team.

Many people asked me and still asking "who is best Messi or Ronaldo?", I will always answer -on the pitch both , but off the pitch Messi. I love Ronaldo's run and Messi's dribbling(twist and turn). I will never compare them, they both are unique talent of our time.

Another footballer's biography I wanted to read is Andrea Pirlo, the Italian magician.

This book is for the ones who is not following Messi but for Messi's fans like me its not providing any unknown information about him.

Click here for one of the best article about Messi 

Another great article about Messi

Time interview

No comments: