Tuesday, September 10, 2013

POSB Run For Kids 2013



After three months ran my first race. It was 10KM race. There was heavy raining and thunder previous night prior to the race day. I thought there wont be a race. But on the race day morning , it was only drizzling and no thunder. I reached the starting point on time 6:30AM but the organizers delay the race for 15 minutes. I did practice previous week for this race, so i was confident of finishing the race well.

It was my first run on rain. Race was flagged off on 6:54AM and i started the race briskly, crossing first three kilometers with consistent pace. Around 4KM mark my  felt bit uncomfortable, that was because of my breakfast , i did not eat properly . I ate three cocktail sausages and 1 cup of coffee without milk . But i was prepared for it and took two power gels . I opened and ate the first one from 4KM to 6KM, i felt better. I walked and crossed over the Marina Barrage bridge. The view from Marina Barrage was stunning!

I completed the race with good timing and felt good. As usual the volunteers were awesome , the bore the rain and did excellent job. The scenic race route made the run even better. 

No comments: