Tuesday, April 2, 2013

2XU Compression Run- Half Marathon 2013

My first half marathon of this year. I prepared myself for this race by running more than 40 KM previous week and i was confident that i can finish in good time. Before the race , i planned my run clearly and i practiced accordingly.  The race started at F1 Pit building ,i took the cab and reached the spot at 5 AM, the driver was Singapore Indian and he told me many things about the places near Marina area and he wished me good luck.
Race route
Race started exactly at 5:30 AM but i was with second wave which was flagged off around 5:42AM. I started briskly but there were so many runners and all were fighting to over take one another. I did not like the first 8 KM route -specially Nicoll Higway route.But once i reached Stadium area i felt better and the breeze made it even nicer. As i mentioned earlier , i had a strategy but everything went in smoke as i started the race. First 10KM was a breeze , i really enjoyed and i did feel good, the next 5KM i ran with ease and took my first power gel. I walked over Marina Barrage bridge and from 18KM onward it was a struggle , i thought that i reached my brick wall. But somehow i finished the race without any injury.

Finsher T-shirt
Finisher Medal
Once again , the volunteers were awesome, they really made the difference specially the route marshals who were cheering all the way. Kudos guys!! After the race , i went  a booth which gave free alcohol-free beer. I got one and took a sip(i felt it tasted like bitter gourd juice)  then thrown out the beer and kept the bottle as souvenir .
Alcohol free beer


No comments: