Monday, February 25, 2013

U Run 2013


My first race of the year 2013.I have not prepared as i should be for this race, nevertheless i decided to run to check my body condition.Prior to this run i ran every weekend around 10-12KM .

The starting points was at near Marina Boulevard near NTUC center.I woke up around 4:45 AM and got taxi to the starting point. As i was eating bun , the taxi driver told me that i should not eat anything 1 hour before the race.I told him that i was hungry and i need to eat something. Then the driver started telling his story while he was in army. He told me that he was one of the top 5 athlete in his regime and he ran many races.He told me i should eat well the previous night dinner.He asked me to enjoy the run and listen to my body. Thanks to this wonderful man.

Starting point:
My category which was 15KM run + OMB Challenge (30 floor vertical climb) scheduled to start at 6AM , i reached the spot at 5:35 and i did some stretches and was very happy to some familiar faces.The first wave was flagged off at 6AM , i was at third wave which was flagged off at 6:08AM. For the first time i set my race watch and decided to check the timings for myself.

I started briskly and i felt comfortable with my pace and was enjoying the cool early morning breeze. The race route was scenic, we ran inside the Gardens by the Bay , what a scene! Morning beauty! Simply awesome. These kind of routes really motivates one.I was motivated.After 9 KM , i felt bit tired and started walking for 2 minutes until i passed the bridge(dont know the name of this bridge). I ate half of the remaining bun and felt good.The last 3 KMs was awesome , ran faster than i expected and i finished 15KMs in good time.

The Climb:
NTUC Building .30 Floor climb.
The ran was good even though i ran slower than normal.Once completed the run, we need to climb the stairs to reach the 30th floor. I started walking on stairs after climbing 5 floors i decided the best way to finish was to go on without stopping, that worked greatly, kept on walking .The fellow runners were encouraging and i too encouraged others.Some of them took photos at every floor, very funny but enjoyable.After almost 15 minutes reached the top ,really TOP. Wow, what a feeling! The cameraman told "Well done , young man!" . I patted myself and thank the Lord.

The Volunteers:
The volunteers were awesome. The way the handled the water points were exemplary. The route marshals too were excellent and encouraging . On the way to stadium bridge, i saw an old man shouting "Go, Go!" and clapping ,that was a great effort by the man.Well done!

Finisher T-shirt.....
 
 Overall a great race to start the year... 

1 comment:

Senthil Prabu said...

வாழ்த்துக்கள் அண்ணா:)