Monday, February 28, 2011

NTUC Healthcare U-RUN+Vertical Climb 2011

My first run of the year.The distance was 10KM then we climbed 30 levels of the NTUC building.The Run started and finished at One Marina Boulevard.It was a beautiful morning,nice breeze,perfect for running.

Flagged off at 7:30AM , I started briskly and continued to run without any problem till 8KM after that my abdomen started paining a little , i drank some water and kept water bottle in my hand.The race route was very nice and wonderful and cheering volunteers.

I didnt stop anywhere as i did in my previous runs.I took under an hour to complete 10KMs but to climb the 30 floor/levels i took another 10-15 minutes.Vertical climbing was really tough that too after running 10KMs.On the way top i had seen many runners struggling specially the women,i too struggled a lot. Each step was like lifting a heavy weight.I was really happy to reach the 30 level, the view from the top was just stunning.
On the top of NTUC building

I  met Singapore Blade Runner, who is one of my inspiration to run long distance.I was very happy to meet him but unfortunately i did not take photo with him, hopefully next time.Over all a great way to start my running calendar.I have started preparing for my first full marathon 42KM , Sundown Marathon on May.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congrats and Best wishes for your next meet.

- Muthu