Thursday, April 17, 2014

Disney On Ice- Treasure Drove


Three years before I heard from one of friend about "Disney On Ice". He was so mesmerized by the show ,  I felt his excitement when he started telling his experience.  That time I decided that I should watch this show at least once . The opportunity came through  "Disney On Ice" tour of Singapore in march. We had never watched any show at Singapore Indoor Stadium, though I volunteered there during World Netball championship. We booked the ticket through SportsHub website before 1 month of the show day.

Eagerly waited for that day, in the mean time we started playing "Toy Story" series to our daughter. She was used to animated nursery songs but never animated movies. But I thought this "waiting " period would be a good time to show her some of Disney's characters.  The moment I played "Toy Story" she was hooked to the movie and started asking all kinds of questions. Within 2-3 days she was familiar with all the characters in that movie.

The day arrived (March 21st) with lots of expectations personally. I was as excited as my daughter. We reached the stadium before 7 and waited in the small queue. As the time goes the crowd got bigger and bigger. Once they opened the door we were greeted with some of Disney characters and sales people selling Disney products. Everything looked good but the cost of the toys were too much. Luckily our daughter did not forced us to buy her anything  but she was very curious to touch -queens, Woody , Buzzyear and other characters. We allowed her to touch and feel. She was very very happy.

We went to our seats without much difficulty and found lots empty seats in our section.We were hesitant to change the seats so we prevailed in our allotted seats. The show opened with a bang - Mickey , Minnie, Goofy and Donald Duck came skating . My daughter started shouting "Mickey.. Mickey" ...!! I too was wonder-struck by the grandness of the arena. But the biggest shout and applause went to "Woody".. I screamed like anything.. my daughter too..!! "Woody.. Woody...!!" echoed throughout the stadium.

One by one Disney's characters played their famed stories.  "The Lion King " with its beautifully dressed animals was breathtaking. "Peter Pan" with flying characters brought lots of  "Wows.." . The various queens with their wonderful and eye catching costumes paraded with their princes. I was able to recognize most of the characters and stories played. But my daughter as I expected enjoyed watching "Woody, Buzzyear and Queens".  Never seen anything like that before . Just awesome. Throughout the show we clapped and shouted a lot.  The show too was organized in a manner that no one get bored - the sequence of plays were spot on . Never a dull moment.

I enjoyed more than my daughter did. I was transported to another world - Disney's.  I was really fascinated by those wonderful performers. After returning home started researching about Disney's characters and started buying its books.

A must watch show!

No comments: