Tuesday, March 16, 2010

NorthEast Run 2010

Date:14-03-2010
Time:6:45AM
Place:Pasir Ris Par,Singapore
Distance:16KM
My pip number :2919

This was my first race of 2010.Due to some family problems and mental stress i thought of not to run this race , but something in my mind told me that 'go and have fun' so i kept alarm at 5:38AM on the race day.Unfortunately i didn't wake up by Alarm sound,i woke up at 6:20AM , immediately i put my running clothes and shoes, my watches and took a taxi to Pasir Ris park.I reached there at 6:42AM I paid the taxi and ran to the starting point but before i reach there the race started ,i was 2min:38sec late.Anyhow i started running along with other late comers.

Prior to the race i haven't practiced much,since im taking swimming lessons nowadays i tend to go to swimming than running.So once started running i set myself the distance of 10KMs first without taking too much risk or pain, for the first 6KMs i was feeling better ,no pain ,i was breathing normal.This race route was wonderful,runners have to cross the traffic signals ,bridges and over bridges,really nice but physically demanding for me as i have to adjust my pace which im not good at, i used to run at a same pace for a long time.

From 7th KM to 8th KM we ran inside Temasak Polytechnic ,this school has wonderful buildings ,i watched these buildings while traveling by bus but to see behind the buildings was so beautiful specially the fountains and pools.I crossed the 10KM mark with little pain in my back, i drank lots of water on the way since i ate only 2 breads before starting the race.But after 10KM i started feeling the pain all over my body specially both knees and back, i started walking for almost 4 mins,crossing the over bridge became Herculean task, again i started walk slowly and crossed it.
I pushed myself and finished my race with the timing 1hr 45 minutes.After finishing the race i felt peace in mind , the previous day mental stress had gone,stretched for sometime then undergone a free medical check up which showed the following details:
Body Fat : 11.5 % (Normal)
Weight:61.6Kg
Height:180.0cm
Visceral Fat:3
Blood Pressure: Systolic :83 Diastolic :56
The guy who checked me told that i have low pressure but no need to alarm, asked me to eat lots of meat.
Another surprise waited for me , after the race we had a lucky draw,i had won the 8th place prize which is Sing $500 spa voucher.

Overall a great race to start my racing calendar.

1 comment:

DHARMA RAJAN.N said...

hi sasi,

really i enjoyed this while reading itself, i would like to appreciate you for this activity.

keep on rocking,show ur best,

bye
Dharma rajan