Tuesday, June 25, 2013

What makes a good reader by Vladimir Nabokov

I came across this in some website , i love Nabokov's essays on various topics and about butterflies and this one made me to think a bit .Am i good reader according to Nobokov?
The first point itself off for me because i'm not in any book club. One thing i came to know from a guy who is in book club was that 'it was fun way to know more about the book' . So im searching  for some book clubs here in singapore. I googled and found so many,now i have to choose one. How many book clubs we have in Tamilnadu?.The second point is perfect, i do that. I always identify myself with a character. I follow the third point somewhat , i look for social angle but not much of of economic .I follow the fourth point. Fifth and sixth point is not really for me. I think seventh point is must for a reader,imagination will open doors of world of wonders.
The eighth point is not for me because i used to forget things from the books ,now i'm some what better in remembering things.Yes, one must have dictionary while reading, i do that. While reading in Kindle,it has a good dictionary in it.The last point i'm not sure.


It does not matter whether one follow above points, it all depends how well we put ourselves into the book which we are reading. I always loves the books which talks to me.

No comments: