Monday, May 13, 2013

Energizer Night Trail -2013


One of my favorite races , the reason is nothing but race route and race time. This year i registered for only 12 KM. The race was flagged off exactly at 7:45PM .I prepared well for the run. Before the race i ate mixed fried rice and chicken nugget and a cup of coffee,my stomach was almost full. Normally i wont eat that much but this time something in me told to eat so i followed and it really paid off. I ran without any problem.

I took four power gel and 1 water bottle full of  H-TWO-O and a banana.I started the race briskly.I ran in a consistent pace till 5 KM . But near 5KM there was a steep slope which looked like a mountain to climb and due to previous day rain made the route wet, which made the climb very tough as well as interesting. I climbed slowly holding the robe tightly.There was a long queue of runners waiting patiently to climb over. I almost took 5 minutes to climb over.From sixth to eighth kilometer i ran briskly again.but from 9th to 10 i walked as it had many up and down slopes. The last two kilometer also took so much time for me to cross, nevertheless i finished the race without any injury and felt really good.I did  not eat any of the power gel but ate the banana after 5 KM.

I did not ran this race last year but i ran the inaugural edition, this race has grown into a big event with so many runners and families taking part in activities.Good. In one down slope  , one of the runner felt down before me which scared me but that runner continued to run and believe that he would have finish the race .I saw two visually challenged runners, i was amazed by the way the guide runner and the visually challenged runner communicating and navigating. I followed one pair for 2 kilometers, i should say they were awesome, well done guys.I overtook the first pair and met the second pair just before 11KM and i followed them till end , i did not overtook them ,just admired their precision communication.Thanks to guides and volunteers.

Very interesting experience .

No comments: