Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Seeking God - St. Teresa Of Avila

Read this beautiful poem by Saint Teresa of Avila in a book. Simply superb.If you believe in God , reading this poem is a perfect start to the day. St Teresa of Avila was a prolific writer and one of the Doctors of the Church.


Seeking God 

Soul,you must seek yourself in Me
And in yourself seek Me

With Such skill,soul,
Love could portray you in Me
That a painter well gifted
Could never show
So finely that image.

For love you were fashioned
Deep within me
Painted so beautiful,so fair;
If,my beloved,I should lose you,
Soul,in yourself see Me.

Well I know that you will discover
Yourself portrayed in my heart
So lifelike drawn
It will be delight to behold
Yourself so well painted.

And should by chance you do not know
Where to fine Me,
Do not go here and there;
But if you wish to find Me,
In yourself seek Me.

Soul,since you are My room,
My house and dwelling,
If at any time,
Though your distracted ways
I find the door tightly closed,
Outside Yourself seek Me not,
To find Me it will be
Enough only to call Me,
Then quickly will I come,
And in yourself seek Me.

No comments: