Friday, March 2, 2012

U Run & Vertical Climb 2012


This was my second race of this year.It was 10KM race and vertical climbing of 30 floor NTUC building.It was really a challenge. I had practiced enough to run 10KM but never did any practice for climbing. The race started on time, i started the race with third wave.Started smoothly did not over do anything , just relaxed and started enjoying the race. The race route was not that scenic as other Singapore races nevertheless not the bad one.Most of the time we ran in public roads.
Background-Helix Bridge

I had no problem in running in a consistent pace.I should admit that this race was one of the slowest 10KM race i ran.Before the race day i was in a confusion whether to run or not because i was sneezing a lot and bit tired. I waited till the race day morning to check my health- on the race day i felt alright and decided to run.But while running i was keep thinking about whether i took the correct decision in running the race that really affected my pace.I ran as slow as possible to avoid any injury. Now i learnt a lesson , never run when in doubt.
Background- Marina Bay Sands 

Back to race,even though i was running slow but i felt was doing well and finished 10KM under an hour.I was so much tired to climb the stairs , thought of quitting then something in my heart made me to move on and i started climbing as slow as possible and took more than 30 minutes to reach the top.There were around 600+ steps. I was happy to be on the top of the building and the lovely view it offered.

The sad thing was to get the medal and the goodie bag we have to go back to the starting point at the other end,of course the organizers arranged shuttle buses.In spite of tiredness i boarded the bus and got my things.Once again the special thanks to the wonderful volunteers,they were awesome! My Next race(Cycling this time) is OCBC Cycle Singapore , i have registered for 39KM Challenger category but i decided not to participate as i have not practiced enough. Last year i volunteered for this race, the reason why i registered to race this year-i was really fascinated by the pace of those cycles but unfortunately im not racing this year,may be next year  i will try. All the best to all cyclists.

No comments: